Sunday 14 February 2010

Artist Profile: Max Prus (working with artists Alex Misick and James Wright)

Pseudonym:

Max Prus

Permanent working location:
Glasgow, Scotland

Working practice:
Egomania: clichés, gimmicks and jokes
A picture paints a thousand words. It was never my intention to be an artist and I'm not a real artist, I'm an actor and a human. Inner fictions construct realities. I'm the best and I'm the worst. I am deadly serious. I find it difficult to distinguish between humour and tragedy. My enjoyment of comedy has always been intimately connected with the downside of the human condition. I am gluttonous, obsessive and bored which might be why I am occasionally mistaken for an artist. Sometimes I enjoy participating in this megalomanic game. I’m there for a journey, not for the end result.

Mill24 Exhibition:

A chicken, a chicken, my kingdom for a chicken. Work from Glasgow based artists, exploring the human condition through the agony of contemporary poultry in a grave attempt to pioneer a neo-daft movement. Chicken Licken explaining omelets to a dead hare.


Mill24 exhibition Date:

Saturday 24th April 2010

Curriculem Vitae:

Shylock, Kentucky Biennale, 2005

Elbow, Eggington Gallery of Modern Art, Derbyshire, 2008
Juliet, Chiquitos Night Club Lounge Room, Leicester Square, London, 2009

49 West Princes, Glasgow International


Images:

(i) michael angelo barrymore, 2007

(ii) cosmic balls, 2009

(iii) Max Pruss in ambulance en route to Columbia Presbyterain Hospital, May 7th, 1937